Oregon State University’s Ecampus is seeking a Director of Corporate Education. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
The Director of Corporate Education will lead the strategy, development, cultivation and continuing refinement of corporate education tuition benefit plans with new and existing corporate entities to increase access to Oregon State University’s online degree programs. These programs are administered by the division of Ecampus, a leader in the field of online learning that engages in innovative and creative partnerships to provide access to exceptional learning experiences that transforms the lives of students in Oregon and around the world. The director will join an Ecampus leadership team comprised of six other directors, two executive directors and the associate provost. The director of corporate education reports directly to the executive director of market development and the student experience.
To better serve a growing business-to-business market, Ecampus is launching a new corporate education unit that will align with the hiring of this director position. In the first year, the director’s primary focus will entail developing the strategy and systems for this new unit. This will include refining and creating processes and standard operating procedures in Ecampus and with partnering campus units, e.g., Admissions, Office of the Registrar and Financial Aid. Approximately 10% of their time will entail exploring potential new corporate agreements. In subsequent years, the director’s time will shift to more external curation of new agreements. For example, years two and three could entail a 50/50 split of directing current agreements/curating new agreements, and years four and five would entail a 10/90 split of directing current agreements/curating new agreements.
The person in this position works closely with Ecampus leadership, the marketing and enrollment services team and student success team. They will also serve as the primary liaison with Enrollment Management and other on-campus stakeholders who manage back-end processes affiliated with these corporate agreements.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to these goals by overseeing the relationships with corporate partners and intentionally seeking relationships that will expand our service to underrepresented populations and provide learning opportunities that are inclusive and accessible.
- Bachelor’s degree AND five years of professional experience providing leadership in implementing and managing strategic relationships for higher education or in a government or corporate setting.
- Proven ability to develop strategic goals and set priorities.
- Experience bringing people together around a shared vision and leveraging ideas into action.
- Demonstrated success in a role with the expectation to launch and lead complex projects.
- Ability to create strong professional relationships through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in written, digital, and oral communication skills, especially in communicating persuasively and clearly with other professional colleagues.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing a climate that is supportive of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Master’s degree in the relevant area AND five years of substantial experience providing leadership in implementing and managing strategic relationships for higher education or in a government or corporate setting.
- Previous experience working in higher education.
- Previous experience working within private industry in the areas of business development, project management, human resources, sales or public relations.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more information and to apply, go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/81426
Location/Region: Corvallis, OR