At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.
Do you have a genuine desire to help and improve the quality of life for others and humanity? There is a great need to care for the correctional population. If you are patient-focused, then correctional healthcare is for you!
More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health. We have a 40 plus year history dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. Corizon Health provides patients with high-quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
$5,000 sign-on bonus available to eligible full-time employees.
• You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging and highly rewarding and vital profession, while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person. The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates
• Provision of full range social work services to assigned patients to include psycho-social assessment, group, family, and individual therapy, discharge planning and all services to be documented in patient's medical record
• Participation in treatment team activities on assigned unit to include development and periodic review of patient treatment record
• Provision of crisis intervention services upon staff or patient self-referral
• Coordination of aftercare planning for patients appropriate for discharge from the facility.
• Participation in unit morning report
• Preparation of reports and records as requested
• Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health Field
• Master's Level licensure through the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
• Counseling experience in a Correctional setting preferred, but not required
• Possess good interpersonal communication skills. Able to effectively interact with institutional staff, medical staff, and outside agencies.
• This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening
Benefits include excellent clinical foundation for early career professionals, Opportunities for growth and advancement, Supervision for clinical licensure is possible after one year of employment; 5 weeks Paid Time Off; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; $10,000 in Tuition Assistance for continuing education; 401(k) with company match; Free online Continuing Education program; Comprehensive Onboarding; Mentor and Preceptor Programs.
Location/Region: El Dorado, KS, US